The IEEE Workshop on Spoken Language Technology (SLT) will be held from 18 – 21 December 2018 in Athens, Greece, Europe. Encompassing the current deep learning trends and traditional knowledge-based methods, SLT’s 2018 main theme will be around “Spoken Language Technology in the Era of Deep Learning: Challenges and Opportunities”.
SLT 2018 is accepting proposals for Tutorials. We invite submissions from the wider area of spoken language technology, with emphasis on the following topics:
- Speech recognition and synthesis
- Spoken language understanding
- Spoken document retrieval
- Question answering from speech
- Assistive technologies
- Natural language processing
- Evaluation methodologies
- Multimodal processing
- Human/computer interaction
- Spoken dialog systems
- Speech data mining
- Emotion recognition from speech
- Spoken document summarization
- Spoken language corpora
- Speaker/language recognition
- Evaluation methodologies
- Assistive technology
Tutorials should serve one or more of the following objectives:
- Introduce expert non-specialists to an SLT subarea.
- Motivate and explain a topic of emerging importance for SLT.
- Mentor SLT researchers (particularly, junior researchers) on a broad SLT-relevant non-technical topic (examples could be SLT-related jobs, or ethical issues in SLT).
Tutorial organizers are invited to send a 2-page abstract by 8 June 2018 at 23h59 (EST) via email to specialSLT2018@ieee.org containing:
- a two-paragraph description of the tutorial objectives and targeted audiences
- bulleted outline of the tutorial
- a short presenter bio including their background in the tutorial topic and links to their professional webpage or other showcasing their work
Please note that the duration of each Tutorial is 2 hours.
The submitted abstracts will be reviewed by Special Session and Tutorial chairs and will be accepted/rejected for presentation.
Abstracts should briefly outline the session, including application and system design. Additionally, information should be provided on equipment requirements.
Please note: There are no additional fees for the Tutorials, however all presenters will have to register to SLT 2018.
Important Dates in 2018
Tutorial Submission: 8 June
Tutorial Notifications: 22 June
Early Registration Deadline: 17 September
Workshop: 18 – 21 December
The deadline for Tutorial submissions is Friday 8 June 2018 at 23h59.
The venue for SLT 2018 is the Royal Olympic Hotel in Athens, Greece. Athens is a historic city and the capital of Greece, located in the south-east part of the Mediterranean Sea. The emblematic city of democracy provides for amazing sightseeing, great food tastings and endless strolls and shopping in the buzzing festive capital.
For accommodation and more information visit http: www.slt2018.org/accommodation
Follow updates on Twitter @SLT2018 #SLT2018